I woke up this morning and looked at my notifications to see that the lovely Katey Lucilleh (http://thefashionhall.net/) had nominated me for my first award, thankyou so much!
1) Are you a cat person or a dog person? Why?
I’m more of a dog person; growing up I always wanted a dog to be my best friend like in the movies and then my Mum finally said we could have one! I do like cats though, especially cuddly ones.
2) Where can you see yourself when you are 80? Travelling the world, sitting in a rocking chair or living with your children?
Travelling the world! My great aunt Pat is 80 and she went to Venice last week on her own. She is a great inspirational woman and I hope to be like her one day.
3) What is your favourite decade and why? Think in terms of fashion/lifestyle?
90’s by far! Even though I was a late 90’s baby, I kind of still live in the era listening to the Grunge bands constantly like Nirvana and Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam etc who started in the early 1990’s. Regarding fashion, I still wear mom jeans with the shirt tied round the waist etc which was very big in the 90’s.
4) Do you think that men opening doors, letting women go first, etc is dated and sexist?Why?
No, not at all. I think it’s a sign of respect, opening doors etc. As a woman, I open doors for other people, regardless of gender, as a sign of respect and to be polite. I don’t really believe it to be sexist as one gender is thinking about another.
5) What is your most embarrassing moment? Would you go back in time to erase it from ever happening?
This is such a tough one! I think my most embarrassing moment has to be in primary school and I think I was in year 3. At break time I desperately needed a wee so I went into the nearest cubicle and sat down. I didn’t realise that I hadn’t lifted the seat up but I couldn’t stop once I had sat down. I think because I panicked I didn’t think to just open the seat and when I came out of the cubicle , I stupidly told some of the girls in there. I remember them staring and then they started laughing at me and saying nasty things. I’ve had a lot of embarrassing moments but that’s all I can remember at the moment.
6) What are your thoughts on France banning super skinny models?
I think it has a positive and a negative side. The positive being that the audiences who look at these super skinny models may want to look like that when really it could be quite dangerous. You don’t have to be super skinny to be ‘accepted’ or ‘beautiful.’ However, the negative could be that some women are just naturally skinny and banning these models could actually be quite hurtful and making it seem that there is something wrong with being that way. I’ve always thought that models should be any size and shouldn’t be categorized.
7) If you met your worst enemy/bully from your childhood, what would you say or do?
I wouldn’t say anything to the bully at primary school because we were quite young and I think half the time they don’t realise what they’re saying. However, I would definitely say something to the bullies at secondary school because they’re teenagers now, they should know right from wrong. I would like to tell them how their words and actions effected me and made it hard for me to trust people. Going through that time I didn’t actually want to be living and I remember thinking, what’s the point? I’ve actually told one of them how I felt and they apologised profusely. After I left the group, they actually turned on her and she went through exactly what I did. Because of this, she knew how I truly felt and we’re actually good friends now. We’re both free.
8) Who is your favourite designer and why?
Coco Chanel, mainly because I love the perfume but she changed the course of fashion with the little black dress and the Chanel Suit.
9) If you could only use one makeup product, what would it be?
MAC because the quality is amazing!
10) This is a really typical question: If you had to choose one person to play you in a movie about your life, who would you choose and why?
I would choose Jennifer Lawrence, mainly because I lke the fact that she never took acting classes or was involved in theatre:
“I’ve always studied people and been fascinated by their reactions and feelings. And I think that’s the best acting class you can take – watching real people, listening to them and studying them.”
I think because of this, she would be more suited in playing my part.
11) What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
When I was 7, my parents, older sister and I went on a family holiday to Disneyland Paris. I remember walking around the rides and I was petrified of some of the big ones. One being a loop-de-loop that that was in the dark, inside and had no floor. I was sitting next to my sister and I remember it stopping halfway through. My legs were dangling and I could only see the loops which were lit up in bright colours. A big loud voice spoke as we were brought backwards. I remember wailing how I wanted to get off and I was sobbing, probably because I didn’t know what to expect next. I’ve always had an overactive imagination and I thought what if we fall, where is the bottom? The voice counted from ten I think and then we zoomed off again. That was seriously scary at the time, but now I’m older I haven’t really doing anything to freak me out.
Eleven random facts about myself:
1) I’m going to be an auntie in May
2) I leave school in July
3) I’ve always wanted to be a Youtube vlogger/gamer
4) My favourite food is spaghetti bolognaise
5) I really want to ride an elephant
6) I wear glasses but always take them off in photos
7) I have a job interview for McDonalds on Tuesday
8) I’m a sucker for guys that have long hair
9) There is a 12 year age gap between me and my sister
10) I write lists for everything
11) I want to travel all over Asia
Here are my eleven nominations:
Here are my questions for you:
1) What is your favourite quote and why?
2) What do you think the world will be like in ten years?
3) Where do you think you’ll be in ten years?
4) Who is your inspiration and why?
5) What is one of your best talents?
6) Do you prefer books or films?
7) What is your favourite thing to do in your free time?
8) Do you think there are any human rights that are more important than another?
9) Are you more of an indoor or outdoor person?
10) What is your favourite clothing item at the moment?
11) If you could marry any actor/actress who would it be and why?